I love a good glass of bubbles or a chilled glass of vino as much as anyone else over the festive season, but to ensure I look and feel good I always have plenty of alcohol-free options. Give these a try.
- Dilute cranberry juice with soda water or sparking water. One-third juice to two-thirds water is a good combo
- Chilled iced teas – these are very easy to make
- Homemade lemonade or limeade – squeeze the juice of a lemon or lime
into a glass and top up with sparkling or soda water. If you want a
sweeter taste you can add a tiny amount of stevia, a natural sweetener
- Coconut water
- Mojo-hito (yes, that is a name I made up!) – lime juice, crushed
mint leaves and soda water. If you want it a little sweeter you can add
stevia or some diet lemonade
- Spicy tomato juice – this is probably my favourite! Lots of ice,
tomato juice, black pepper and Tabasco sauce – so good
- Non-alcoholic wine – I came across this when I was pregnant – marvellous stuff! Far lower in kilojoules/calories than regular wine,
that’s for sure
- Still or sparkling water with sliced cucumber and/or lemon/lime
For more ideas on healthier, happier living, grab copies of my books here.
Love, Claire x
Claire Turnbull, BSc (Hons) Dietetics UK, NZ-registered nutritionist. Managing director of Mission Nutrition, and Healthy Food Guide nutritionist.