Most of us will recall hot days eating watermelon wedges, with juice running down our arms, spitting pips onto the lawn, but did you know there are much more grown-up ways to use this refreshing summer fruit?
- Freeze watermelon chunks and mint leaves into ice cubes. Throw the cubes into summer refreshers, iced tea or cocktails.
- For a gorgeous summer salad, cut cubes of watermelon, avocado and feta, toss together with mint leaves and lightly drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Whip up a morning smoothie using fresh watermelon, strawberries, low-fat Greek yoghurt and a little grated fresh ginger.
- Salsa away — finely dice watermelon, capsicum and red onion. Add chopped coriander or mint, lime juice and pepper.
- Stick around for this one! Thread cubes of melon and feta on skewers with mint leaves in between. And check out our Melon skewers with berry swirl yoghurt recipe.