Apple and blackberry crêpes
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 2–3 drops vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 300g blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- 8 basic crêpes (see tip)
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
1 To make filling place apples, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a pan with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until apples are soft. Add blackberries. Cook for 5 more minutes.
2 Top each crêpe with one-eighth of the fruit mixture and fold over. Serve one crêpe per person with yoghurt and any extra filling on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free rice flour in crêpe mix and check cinnamon and yoghurt are gluten free.
1 cup flour
2 medium-sized eggs, lightly beaten
200ml trim milk
Step 1 Sift flour into a bowl. Add eggs, milk and 100ml cold water. Whisk until smooth.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat. For 1 crepe swirl 4–5 tablespoons of batter to coat base of pan. Cook for 1–2 minutes until golden. Flip or turn crêpe over. Cook for 1 more minute until golden.
Step 3 Transfer each crepe to a plate and cover with a thick tea towel to keep warm.
Five crêpe ideas
- Spread each crêpe with 1 teaspoon lemon curd and serve with fresh or frozen berries.
- Top crêpes with sliced banana and serve with a drizzle of honey and a dollop of low-fat yoghurt.
- Top with pineapple and passionfruit and serve with light coconut milk and mango-flavoured frozen yoghurt.
- Add sliced mango and vanilla fromage frais.
- Spread each crêpe with 2 teaspoons low-fat tropical yoghurt and top with sliced golden kiwifruit.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us