Cashew-crusted tarakihi with pea purée
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 4 (around 520g) tarakihi fillets
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashew nuts, crushed
- 1/3 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 medium-sized (around 350g) potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups peas, cooked
- 2 tablespoons Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- 4 cups mesclun salad
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Boil potatoes in a small pan until cooked. Drain and set aside. Crush potatoes with the back of a fork.
2 In a small bowl combine cashew nuts and breadcrumbs. Mix well. Dip fish into egg mixture then into cashew mixture and evenly coat fillets. Set aside.
3 Use a stick blender to combine peas and cooking cream until smooth. Place in a small pan and heat until warmed through.
4 Heat a non-stick frying pan with spray oil. When hot add fish and pan-fry until cooked.
5 Serve fish on top of potatoes and top with pea purée. Serve with side salad.
- If tarakihi isn’t available, use any kind of firm white fish. Snapper or monkfish would work well. For a different nut flavour, use almonds or hazelnuts instead of cashews.
- And be adventurous with your vegetable complement. You can easily jazz up a potato mash by adding other root vegetables — pumpkin or kumara work well and add colour. And don’t forget variation with your greens. Add some broccolini and green beans to raise the good nutrition stakes.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us