Greek-style lamb with lemon potatoes
Time to make: 5 hrs 5 mins , plus 3 hrs or overnight marinating
( Hands-on time: 45 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
2kg leg lamb, fat trimmed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons oregano
2kg new potatoes, halved if large
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
10 cups mixed salad leaves or chopped iceberg lettuce
250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
2 Lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Rub lamb with garlic, 1/2 cup of the lemon juice, half the olive oil and half the oregano. Place in a large shallow dish. Cover dish and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Place lamb in a large baking dish and roast, uncovered, for 4 hours.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, lemon zest, thyme and remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Place potatoes on a baking tray. Roast for the last 40 minutes of lamb cooking time.
- Remove lamb from oven and cover to keep warm. Increase oven temperature to 200°C. Roast potatoes for a further 20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, balsamic and remaining oregano.
- Serve lamb with roast potatoes, salad and yoghurt on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check Greek-style yoghurt is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us