Jalapeño hotcakes with lime sour cream
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 350g store-bought dry pancake mixture
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeño slices, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice, plus 1 teaspoon lime zest (or use lemon)
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Place pancake mixture in a large bowl. Whisk in water until smooth. Stir in corn kernels and jalapeños.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Cook 1/4 cupfuls of batter for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear. Turn pancakes over and cook for a further 1 minute, or until cooked. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.
3 Combine sour cream, lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Serve pancakes topped with avocado, cucumber and tomatoes. Drizzle with lime sour cream, and garnish with extra jalapeños (if using).
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pancake mix and check sour cream is gluten free.
You can use fresh, frozen (thawed) or canned (drained) corn in this recipe.