Kids’ fried rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups cold, cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sriracha, to serve (optional, see tips)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken pieces and sauté until browned. Add garlic and ginger to pan and cook for 1 minute.
2 Add rice to pan and heat through for 2-3 minutes, stirring well. Pour beaten eggs over the rice, season and gently stir until egg looks cooked.
3 Add cabbage, carrot, mushrooms and peas to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just tender.
4 Stir in sprouts, spring onion, soy sauce and sesame oil. Divide among 4 bowls. To serve, garnish with extra spring onion and sriracha, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check sauces are gluten free.
Sriracha is a hot chilli sauce and can be found in most supermarkets. Use a sweet chilli sauce if you prefer.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.