Lunchbox: Chicken, chickpea and roasted pumpkin salad + snacks
- 125g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes (approx. 1 cup)
- olive oil spray
- ½ x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 40g lean cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 40g oil-free roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Plus snacks
- 150g tub low-fat natural yoghurt, combined with 1 tablespoon berries and 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- 2 Vita-Weat crispbreads spread with 2 teaspoons no-added-salt peanut butter
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
2 Combine roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, chicken, roasted capsicum and spinach in a bowl. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, drizzle salad with balsamic and oil, and toss to combine.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 15g
- Instead of pumpkin, try using 1/2 cup leftover roast vegetables, such as potato or kumara.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free crackers.
Note: Nutrition information applies to total lunchbox.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us