Lunchbox: Smashed black bean, avocado and rocket wrap + snacks
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup (90g) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- 1 tablespoon mashed avocado (see tip)
- 1/2 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup baby rocketarugulaX leaves
- Plus snacks
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled, halved and sprinkled with 1/4 teaspoon dukkah
- 1 cup carrot and celery sticks with 2 tablespoons hummus
- 15 almonds
- 1 mandarin
Total fat 25g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 19g
1 Place black beans in a medium bowl and mash with a fork, leaving some texture. Stir through the spring onion, tomato and chilli.
2 Place wrap on a clean work surface and spread avocado down the centre of the wrap. Top with bean mixture, grated carrot and rocket; roll up. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Eat wrap fresh, or toasted in a sandwich press.
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free wrap and check dukkah and hummus are gluten free.
Squeeze a little lemon or lime juice on the avocado to prevent it from discolouring.
Note: Nutrition information applies to total lunchbox.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us