Paprika chicken and four-bean salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 400g can four-bean mix (I used Edgell brand), rinsed and drained
- 60g (about 1/2 bag) baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Place spices on a plate. Spray chicken with oil. Press into spice mixture to evenly coat all over.
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes each side, or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest.
3 Combine beans, spinach, onion and parsley in a bowl. Dress with the combined olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Shred chicken and add to bowl along with juice and garlic. Toss to combine. Spoon among serving bowls and serve.
For a change, try this recipe with lean pork fillets. Instead of shredding, cut into thin slices before adding to bean and spinach mix.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us