Prune and cream cheese-stuffed chicken breast with roasted greens and toasted almonds
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 150g chicken breasts
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 pitted prunes, roughly chopped
- spray oil
- 2 (400g) kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and cut into chunks
- head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 350g Brussels sprouts, ends removed and halved
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 35g sliced almonds
- freshly ground black pepper
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Preheat oven to 200°C on fan bake. Cut a lengthwise slit along each chicken breast to form a pocket. In a small bowl combine the onion, cream cheese and prunes. Spoon quarter of the cream cheese mix into each chicken breast and push it in firmly. Place chicken on a lined baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20—25 minutes until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile place kumara in a medium-sized saucepan, cover with boiling water and boil for 15—20 minutes until soft. Place the greens on a lined baking tray and toss with sesame oil and plenty of pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 10—12 minutes until just soft and lightly golden. Add the sliced almonds and cook for a further few minutes.
- Drain and mash the kumara. Serve alongside the stuffed chicken and roasted greens.
Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Make it gluten free: Check cream cheese is gluten free.
Author: Jess Moulds -
Photographer: Devin Hart
First published: Jul 20162019-04-05 15:27:34
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited