Quinoa crumb fish fingers
- 400g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 egg whites, separately beaten
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups salad greens
- vinaigrette made with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 Boil potatoes in a large saucepan over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes until tender. Add corn during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return to pan. Roughly mash. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Once cool, add tuna, onions and 1 beaten egg white. Stir to combine.
2 Place the remaining egg white and quinoa into separate shallow dishes. Shape 1/3 cupfuls of mixture to make 8 small sausage shapes. Dip fish fingers in egg then coat in quinoa.
3 Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook fish fingers, turning, for 7-10 minutes until golden. Serve with salad, lemon wedges and tomato sauce.
Makeover! You save…
9g total fat
1g sat fat
2 vege serves
What we did
- Used good-quality fish
- Added vegetables
- Used quinoa flakes for a gluten-free option (for those not gluten free, you could use wholemeal breadcrumbs).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free vinegar and check tomato sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us