Salmon with beetroot, bulgar and mandarin salad
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 4 x 120g salmon fillets
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 mandarins, peeled and segmented
- ½ cup fresh mint and/or coriandercilantroX, chopped
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 raw beetrootbeetsX, peeled and grated
1 Cook the bulgar wheat following packet instructions and set aside. Season the salmon with lots of pepper and heat a large non-stick pan on a high heat. Cook the salmon for 2–3 minutes on each side, or to your liking.
2 Meanwhile add the carrot, ginger, onion, mandarin and herbs to a large bowl. Mix the honey, vinegar and mustard together in a separate bowl and add to the salad. Toss well. Add the beetroot and bulgar and toss through lightly. Serve alongside the salmon.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice or gluten-free couscous instead of bulgar wheat, and check mustard is gluten free.
If not eating immediately, wait to stir through the beetroot until just before serving.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us