Salmon with beetroot, bulgar and mandarin salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 4 x 120g salmon fillets
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 mandarins, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup fresh mint and/or coriandercilantroX, chopped
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 raw beetrootbeetsX, peeled and grated
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Cook the bulgar wheat following packet instructions and set aside. Season the salmon with lots of pepper and heat a large non-stick pan on a high heat. Cook the salmon for 2–3 minutes on each side, or to your liking.
2 Meanwhile add the carrot, ginger, onion, mandarin and herbs to a large bowl. Mix the honey, vinegar and mustard together in a separate bowl and add to the salad. Toss well. Add the beetroot and bulgar and toss through lightly. Serve alongside the salmon.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice or gluten-free couscous instead of bulgar wheat, and check mustard is gluten free.
If not eating immediately, wait to stir through the beetroot until just before serving.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us