Slow-cooked lamb ragoût with tagliatelle
Time to make: 1 hr 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large parsnip, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g lean lamb (eg. lamb shoulder), diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 500g fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 1/4 cup finely shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, to garnish
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, parsnip and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2 Add tomatoes, stock and water to saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3 When ragoût is almost cooked, cook pasta following packet directions. Mix half the ragoût through the pasta then spoon into bowls. Top bowls with remaining ragoût. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve garnished with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tomato paste, stock and pasta.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us