Smoked fish pâté
Time to make: 5 mins
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup flaked smoked fish or canned fish
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- dash Tabasco sauce
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- parsley, to garnish
1 Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Don’t over-mix so it goes mushy. It’s nice to have visible bits of fish for texture.
2 Garnish with parsley or dill. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 0g
I’ve made many variations of this dip based on last-minute pantry scrambles. These combinations work a treat:
- canned tuna, lime juice, chilli flakes
- canned salmon, basil, a chopped tomato
- smoked fish, smoked paprika, preserved lemon
- canned tuna, chopped avocado, wasabi
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us