COVER FEATURE: 25+ delicious recipes • Digital detox: 5 easy ways to reclaim your life (and the dinner table) • Vietnamese pork meatball bun cha • How to avoid the healthy food traps everyone falls for • Ways to help when eating is scary: The rise of AFRID kids • Cold sore cures: what really works • and much more…
(Price includes postage and packaging when sent to a NZ address)
- How to help when eating is scary: Extreme picky eating can have serious consequences for health. Dietitian Brad Brosnan looks at ways to cope with new eating disorder AFRID.
- Cold sore: Causes, triggers and treatments for oral herpes.
- Digital detox: How to free yourself for better health: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant explores the benefits of less time on social media.
- Supermarket sleuth: Just because it’s in the health food aisle doesn’t mean it’s healthier. Dietitian Melissa Meier shows us how to shop smarter.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant looks at how simple steps can help the planet.
- Shopping savvy: A legal look at exaggeration in adverts, Niki’s lunch of the months, book review.
- How to boost iron at breakfast: Choosing cereals.
- Portion distortion: Crackers and dips.
- Smart swaps: Lower energy.
- Guide to turmeric supplements: Are the health claims justified?
- How to choose: Milk alternatives.
This month’s recipes
- In season: Taylor’s gold pears and kamo kamo. Growing leeks in The Lost Plot.
- It’s on the table: Easy weeknight meals for two.
- Make a meal of mushrooms: Autumnal flavours from a perennial favourite.
- Spotlight on silver beet: Starring the evergreen vege.
- 5pm panic: Fast food for families.
- Single serve: Tandoori tofu with carrot pickle.
- #HFG Kids: Frozen yoghurt Easter egg pops.
- Sweet treats: ANZAC biscuits – three ways.
… and more!