COVER FEATURE: 20 easy 20-minute (or less) meals • Christmas kombucha • Vegan curious? The risks and rewards • Shortcuts to banish Christmas stress • 7 diet tweaks to help reflux • Show-stopping festive sides • and much more…
(Price includes postage and packaging when sent to a NZ address)
- Festive health hacks: From dietitian Karissa Woolfe to help reduce stress as you host holiday meals.
- 20 easy 20- minute (or less) meals: 20 speedy recipes to get you out of the kitchen quickly this silly season.
- 7 diet tweaks to help reflux: Dietitian Katrina Pace shares ways to ease heartburn and reflux.
- Tips for a healthier barbeque: How to keep your open-flame cooking healthy.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant looks at how what we eat affects the planet.
- Shopping savvy: A legal look at ingredients, Niki’s lunch of the month, book review.
- A guide to fish oil: HFG looks at the evidence around fish oil supplements.
- Smart swaps: Heart health.
- How much.. is in that? Saturated fat in yoghurt.
- Buy better: Choosing chicken.
- Portion distortion: Ice cream serves.
This month’s recipes
- In season: Billington plums and peas. Tips on how to grow gem squash in The Lost Plot.
- 5pm panic: Fast family meals.
- Five-star fritters: Try turmeric chickpea, vege drawer cheesy or hummus and broccoli fritters.
- Kombucha mocktails for the silly season: Cheers to delicious, non-alcoholic drinks.
- Festive sides: Vegetable side dishes to take celebrations to new heights.
- Single serve: Eggplant stack with mozzarella.
- #HFG Kids: Basic tomato sauce, Bolognese and easy taco filling.
- Sweet treats: Low-sugar tropicana desserts.
… and more!