COVER FEATURE: Keto, low carb, fasting, vegan… • Makeover pavlova: Healthier, allergy-friendly, with a vegan option! • Science update: Food coma – Why overeating makes you sleepy • Top 8 hunger busters • Sensational summer salads • and much more…
(Price includes postage and packaging when sent to a NZ address)
- Switch off hunger the natural way: Eight tips to keep your appetite at bay.
- Fad or fact – diets dissected: Dietitian Melissa Meier guides you to the best eating plan for you.
- Food coma – why overeating makes you sleepy: Feeling tired after a big meal? Dietitian Tim Crowe explains why.
- HFG awards: Our pick of the healthiest, tastiest food products, as well as some of the more questionable health claims.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant offers five easy ways to boost your vege intake.
- Shopping savvy: A legal view of alcohol labeling, Niki’s lunch of the month, book review.
- A guide to multivitamins: HFG finds out if multivitamin supplements are worth taking?
- How much.. is in that? Sodium in that sauce.
- Portion distortion: Smoothies.
- How to choose: Dips and spreads.
- Smart swaps: Dairy.
This month’s recipes
- In season: Prince melon and blackcurrants. How to grow beans over summer in The Lost Plot.
- Four ways with hummus: Colourful dips for your summer spreads.
- 5pm panic: Speedy summer dishes to feed the family, fast.
- ABRA-KEBAB-RA: Skewer magic.
- Sensational salads: Pack in the veges with appealing sides.
- Single serve: Salmon tacos with cucumber cream.
- #HFG Kids: Rice basics
- Sweet treats: Neapolitan froyo slice.
… and more!