COVER FEATURE: 25+ delicious recipes • 30+ plants a week: Your magic number for peak gut health • 4 fabulous feijoa recipes • Myths & truths about your hormones • 10 ways to banish bad breath • Swap drugs for trainers: Why fitness is the new medicine • and much more…
(Price includes postage and packaging when sent to a NZ address)
- How to plant powered: Eating 30+ different plants each week is showing promise as a way to promote gut health and more. Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant shows us how it’s done.
- Are your hormones to blame? Dietitian Katrina Pace investigates whether hormones are responsible for what ails us.
- How to help bad breath naturally: Katrina Pace looks at reasons for, and offers simple tips to banish, halitosis.
- Could you swap your medication for trainers? Green prescriptions and drug-free action plans from the GP are becoming more common. Health writer Peta Bee takes a look.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant looks at the role of food during emotional times.
- Shopping savvy: A legal look at recipe modifications, Niki’s lunch of the month, book review.
- Smart swaps: Yoghurt.
- Portion distortion: Nuts.
- Guide to B-complex vitamins: Are they really the energy-boosting stress busters they’re claimed to be?
This month’s recipes
- In season: Chestnuts and Granny Smith apples. Growing raspberries in The Lost Plot.
- It’s on the table: Easy weeknight meals for two.
- Soothing food: Mediterranean-style food is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Feijoas four ways: Delicious ways to use a favourtie fruit.
- 5pm panic: Quick, nutritious family dinners.
- Single serve: Tray-baked salmon.
- #HFG Kids: Breakfast wrap.
- Sweet treats: Nut-free lunchbox treats.
… and more!