COVER FEATURE: 20+ delicious recipes • What your eyes say about your health • Male menopause – Myth or reality? • Emulsifiers: Friend or foe? • Quick pickles at home • Spread versus butter • and much more…
(Price includes postage and packaging when sent to a NZ address)
- What your eyes say about your health: HFG editor-at-large Niki Bezzant takes a look at conditions your eyes reveal.
- Emulsifiers: Friend or foe? Senior nutritionist Rose Carr investigates the health effects of a common food additive.
- Male menopause – Myth or reality? Is ‘manopause’ something men need to face? Dietitian Brad Brosnan finds out.
- Kick-start reader story: Sue Huntleigh-Smith found investing in her exercise regime helped kick-start her motivation.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant explains why it’s so important to teach our kids to cook.
- Shopping savvy: Five flavour boosters for your pantry, Niki’s lunch of the month, book review.
- Portion distortion: Vege serves.
- Smart swaps: Vegan options.
- Guide to… : Buying beef
- Butter vs spread: Which is healthier?
- A guide to iron: How to ensure you get enough to help your energy levels, brain function and more.
- How much… Is in that? Fibre in that rice.
This month’s recipes
- In season: Tropical (pink) guavas and mizuna. Tips on how to grow tomatoes in The Lost Plot.
- 5pm panic: Fast family food, with minimum fuss.
- Bean supreme: Protein and fibre-rich legume recipes, bursting with flavour.
- Quick pickles: Simple, ready-to-use pickles for summer.
- Spring quiche: Courgette, asparagus and basil quiche.
- Single serve: Creamy mustard chicken with warm kumara salad.
- #HFG Kids: Fabulous fish fingers and vege chips.
- Sweet treats: Lemon bars.
… and more!