Effective Date: August 27, 2021
This website (healthyfood.com) is owned and operated by Healthy Life Media Limited (CN 1566345), of Auckland New Zealand, in these terms any reference to “HLM”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Healthy Life Media Limited (CN 1566345).
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recent updated policy.
At Healthy Life Media Limited we value your privacy. We recognise the importance of, and are committed to, managing any personal information that we collect from you in compliance with the Privacy Act 2020. We collect this information in order to make sure our products and service are the most relevant to you.
- How we may collect information from you
We may collect information from you through a variety of means, including:
- From when you register with us in order to make use of certain products or services on the website, such as subscribing, attending events, commenting or signing up to receive an email newsletter
- From information you provide in order to transact with, or receive certain products or services available through the website such as subscribing, recipe books, toolkits, e-books etc
- If you register to enter a competition or giveaway with us, you will need to provide us with certain information (such as name and email)
- Signing up to join our online communities
- Communications with us such as letters, emails, phone calls and text messages
- If you take part in a poll or survey, you may provide certain information to us
- Applications for an internship or employment with us
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access while on the website as well as other data such as your computer’s IP address, general location data, browser type and the URL of any website you visited before our site or afterwards. This data is collected through cookies, web analytics, web logs and similar technologies.
2. Why we collect, and how we might use your information
We will collect your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for the performance of our business activities and functions, which includes providing a range of products and services to you, some of which are listed below:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to monitor and improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this website.
- To sell, customise, measure and improve any advertising or promotional material that you may see.
- For verification of your identity so that you can access the website and so that we can assist you in case you forget your password or login details where these are necessary to access any of our products or services.
- For authorising and processing credit card transactions which you enter into online. Credit and debit card information is sensitive information and we do not collect it or store it. We use third party payment solution providers and only engage those that comply with strict industry standards and security processes.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To send you marketing and promotional materials on our behalf, if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want to receive this marketing and promotional material, you can automatically opt-out of receiving any further marketing and promotional emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any email you receive from us. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, you should contact [email protected]
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To contact you about your account, where you have registered an account with us.
- To monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of this website, to enforce our rights and to protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
- To inform you if you have won a prize.
- If you have applied for employment or internship with us, we collect personal information as part of the employment process. Where you do not provide the manadatory personal information, we will be unable to consider you for a position with us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- For any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or governmental authority.
- For any other purposes that you authorise.
3. Information sharing and disclosure
Here the ways we may share or disclose personal information:
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors , external service providers, sponsor or third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, sending emails, telemarketing, organising and managing competitions, promotions or sponsorships, surveys and polls, website analysis, data analysis and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
- Emails collected for fulfilment of My Everyday Wellbeing will be used solely and exclusively for the purposes of delivering Workplace Wellbeing content – tips, recipes, advice and suggestions for better health. These emails will not be sold, transferred or otherwise delivered to any other party or organisation other than our bulk email delivery provider.
- We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, geographics, browser type and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations. Please see our section on cookies for more information.
- We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on this website or we may use an audience or traffic measurement service to analyse the traffic on this website. Network advertisers enable us to serve relevant advertisements to you based on your visits to this website and other websites you have visited. Audience and traffic measurement services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavioural information from the website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. This website’s advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves collect information from cookies which they set on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- You can stop receiving communications from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails that you receive, or by emailing [email protected] If you do receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
- We may also need to share your personal information with third parties when we believe in good faith we are required to do so by law.
We may share your personal information to other third parties provided we have your express permission which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
4. Maintenance and storage of your information
The information you provide is stored both at an onsite secure server and at a trusted third party secure storage provider. Our staff are required required to sign in and use a password when accessing secure systems. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out in this policy.
5. Accessing updating or deleting your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have the right to ask us for access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also ask us to update or correct that information at any time and as often as necessary. If you want us to delete information about you or suspend your account, please note that we may need to retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Users may request to update or review their records held by us by writing to [email protected] This can include requests to remove all your data from our website. We may need to verify your identity before implementing any such requests.
In certain circumstances where you have a sign in to your customer details you can access your own personal information and update or delete as you wish.
7. Links and third party websites and apps
Both the Healthy Food Guide enewsletter and this website contain links to other websites. This website may also contain third party applications. Such third party sites and applications have their own privacy policies and practices. Please note that Healthy Life Media Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites or apps. We recommend you check their policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or apps. This privacy statement applies solely to information directly collected through this website.
8. A note for parents
We do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children through this website, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including, without limitation, obtaining parental consent where necessary. The internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience.
We take precautions in accordance with our obligations under relevant legislation, to help prevent unauthorised access to the information that you provide to us. Nonetheless, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal data therefore remains at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this website or the servers on which your information is stored.
10. Notification of changes
11. Questions, complaints, our contact details
If you have any questions or complaints please contact us.
Our postal address is:
Healthy Life Media Ltd
PO Box 331-400