Snacks don’t have to be bland if gluten is off the menu. Here are 10 of our top picks that provide tasty, wholesome snack choices that will leave you feeling satisfied.
1. Yoghurt and passionfruit pulp – one serve of 125g yoghurt with the pulp of two passionfruit delivering 125cal
2. Gluten-free soy and linseed bread (one slice toasted) and 1 tbs roasted unsalted peanut butter hits the spot at 222cal
3. Punnet of strawberries – for the ultimate summer snack at only 65cal a punnet
4. Hummus and carrot sticks – 1 carrot cut into sticks and 1 tbs hummus is only 101cal
5. Flat white coffee – don’t forget that regular takeaway morning or afternoon flat white at 157cal!
6. Rice crackers / Corn Thins and reduced-fat ricotta – a serving of 3 corn thins comes in at 156cal when served with 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta
7. Seeded crackers – check the packet for nutrition information including whether gluten-free
8. Handful of almonds – the perfect snack on the run at 157cal for 3g serve
9. Tinned tuna in Oil – a 95g can of classic style tuna in oil comes in at around 135cal
10. Hard-boiled eggs – natures own pre-packaged snack! 2 eggs = 112cal