Go for gold!
Golden-hued and rich in the antioxidant curcumin, turmeric has impressive anti-inflammatory properties that may ease arthritis, high cholesterol levels and even anxiety.
Research has also shown turmeric can benefit Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Try these five tasty ideas:
1. Add a pinch of turmeric to a salad dressing made from olive oil, tahini and lemon juice.
- Try our recipe: Carrot slaw with turmeric dressing
2. Sprinkle turmeric over chopped root vegetables before roasting.
- Try our recipe: Smashed crispy roast potatoes with turmeric and coconut
3. Add it to plain yoghurt, then dollop on top of curries and soups.
4. Pair turmeric with coconut in a chicken or fish curry.
- Try our recipe: Turmeric fish and coconut curry
5. Stir turmeric through a glass of warm milk to make a turmeric latte.
For more recipes with turmeric, click here.