Carrot slaw with turmeric dressing
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300g packet shredded carrot
- ¼ small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1 Place turmeric, cumin, honey, oil and lemon juice in a small bowl, mixing to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2 Place carrot, cabbage, onion, mint, raisins and pine nuts in a large salad bowl. Pour over dressing, tossing to combine. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a mandoline or box grater to finely slice and shred raw vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.6g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 3.8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like