Carrot slaw with turmeric dressing
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300g packet shredded carrot
- ¼ small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1 Place turmeric, cumin, honey, oil and lemon juice in a small bowl, mixing to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2 Place carrot, cabbage, onion, mint, raisins and pine nuts in a large salad bowl. Pour over dressing, tossing to combine. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a mandoline or box grater to finely slice and shred raw vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.6g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 3.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.