- 400g lean rump steak
- 1 lime or lemon, juice
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- oil, to grease
- 1 tablespoon canola or rice bran oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- To serve
- 8 x 20cm extra-light flour tortillas
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- about 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- hot chilli sauce (optional)
- Trim any visible fat from steak then place in a sturdy, sealable plastic bag. Add lime juice, garlic, cumin, paprika and oregano. Massage bag so meat is covered in the marinade then leave to stand for 15-20 minutes (refrigerate if marinating for longer).
- Heat a large heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat. Drizzle a little oil then fry steak for 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add measured oil to pan then add onion and cook, stirring frequently until onion softens. Add capsicums. Stir-fry until softened.
- Cut steak crossways in 5mm-thin slices. Add to pan (along with any juices) and stir-fry for 1-2 more minutes. Season to taste. Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, carrot and lettuce on the side with a little sour cream and some hot sauce (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
If capsicums are too expensive, try using a frozen stir-fry vege mix instead.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us