Chicken and mushroom spaghetti carbonara
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 40g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 5 (100g) mushrooms, sliced
- spray oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus sprig, to serve
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50g diced cooked chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Cook pasta in boiling water. Drain, keeping 1/3 cup of the cooking water, and keep warm. Cook peas for 2 minutes in the microwave.
2 Place tomatoes in a non-stick pan with the mushrooms and a little spray oil. Cook for 3—4 minutes until lightly golden.
3 Place garlic and basil in a blender with the lemon juice and process. Add peas and process once more. Season with pepper.
4 Add pea mix to the tomatoes and mushrooms with the chicken. Heat through.
5 Add spaghetti to the vege and chicken mix. Toss and heat through. Once heated, remove from the heat.
6 Beat egg and yoghurt together and add to the pasta. Toss, adding some of the cooking water to thin the sauce, if necessary. Adjust seasoning. Serve immediately, topped with parmesan, almonds and a sprig of basil.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
- Make it vegetarian: Omit chicken and add another 2 tablespoons almonds.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us