Chicken in honey beer sauce
(at time of publication)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 600g lean chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ cup beer
- Stir-fried vegetables
- oil spray
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 broccoli head, broken into florets
- 6 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 12 baby carrots or 3 carrots, sliced into sticks
- 1 bok choy, sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice and quinoa mix, to serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 In a non-stick pan, heat oil and cook shallots until softened. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until evenly golden brown.
2 In a bowl, combine mustard, maple syrup, soy sauce, beer and ¹/³ cup of water, and add to pan. Toss chicken to coat in the sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, spray another pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4 Add veges to chicken pan and toss lightly. Serve immediately with rice and quinoa mix. Garnish with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information