Silverbeet and sweet potato frittata
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 4 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
- 200g sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 1 large courgettezucchiniX, grated
- 150g trimmed silverbeet leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup lactose-free milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra to serve
- 60g cheddar, finely grated
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) baking dish with baking paper.
2 Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add spring onion and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until softened. Add sweet potato and courgette and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until tender. Add silverbeet and lemon rind and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sliverbeet has just wilted. Remove pan from heat.
3 Place eggs, milk, dill and cheese in a large mixing bowl, whisking to combine. Transfer vegetable mixture into bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared dish, ensuring vegies are evenly distributed.
4 Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden and set. Stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with extra dill and serve with salad leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.1g
–Saturated fat 4.6g
Dietary fibre 3.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like