Country chicken soupReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken thigh, chopped
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder (dissolved in 2 cups boiling water)
- ¼ cup small pasta shapes such as risoni
- 1 tablespoon Herb mix
- 1 piece chunky whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1 Spray a non-stick pan with some oil. Add onion and cook until lightly golden.
2 Add chicken and cook until evenly browned.
3 Add tomatoes, stock, pasta and Herb mix. Bring to the boil.
4 Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with crusty whole grain bread and parmesan (if using). Garnish with fresh basil.
Make it meat-free: Replace chicken with a 400g can of borlotti beans, and chicken stock with vege stock.
This soup keeps well so it can be made in large quantities and then once cooled completely, stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information