Country chicken soup
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken thigh, chopped
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder (dissolved in 2 cups boiling water)
- ¼ cup small pasta shapes such as risoni
- 1 tablespoon Herb mix
- 1 piece chunky whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1 Spray a non-stick pan with some oil. Add onion and cook until lightly golden.
2 Add chicken and cook until evenly browned.
3 Add tomatoes, stock, pasta and Herb mix. Bring to the boil.
4 Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with crusty whole grain bread and parmesan (if using). Garnish with fresh basil.
Make it meat-free: Replace chicken with a 400g can of borlotti beans, and chicken stock with vege stock.
This soup keeps well so it can be made in large quantities and then once cooled completely, stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like