Country chicken soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken thigh, chopped
- 1/2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder (dissolved in 2 cups boiling water)
- 1/4 cup small pasta shapes such as risoni
- 1 tablespoon Herb mix
- 1 piece chunky whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Spray a non-stick pan with some oil. Add onion and cook until lightly golden.
2 Add chicken and cook until evenly browned.
3 Add tomatoes, stock, pasta and Herb mix. Bring to the boil.
4 Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with crusty whole grain bread and parmesan (if using). Garnish with fresh basil.
Make it meat-free: Replace chicken with a 400g can of borlotti beans, and chicken stock with vege stock.
This soup keeps well so it can be made in large quantities and then once cooled completely, stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)