Ham, lentil and vegetable soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100g lean smoked ham, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 x 400g tins lentils in water, drained
- 1 1/4 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
1 Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 min.
2 Add the tomatoes, ham, stock and mustard and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 min or until the veg are tender and the soup has reduced slightly.
3 Add the lentils, beans, zucchini/courgette and peas and simmer for 5 min or until the beans are tender. Serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.5g
–Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like