Mixed berry and coconut crumble
(at time of publication)
- 300g packet frozen mixed berries, thawed
- ¼ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place berries and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Divide among 4 ramekins.
2 Place oats, coconut, remaining sugar and spread in another bowl. Use fingertips to rub mixture until well combined.
3 Top berry mix with oat mix and bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden.
Serve with a scoop of low-fat vanilla or strawberry ice cream, your favourite fruit sorbet or low-fat natural yoghurt.
- Instead of berries, use canned apricots, peaches or plums. Use fruit in natural juice, not syrup. You can also use in-season apples but cook them first – core apples, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 20 minutes before topping with oats and baking.
- Make it dairy free: Use an oil-based (ie. olive) spread.
Remember, a dish like this is an occasional treat rather than an everyday meal.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.