Satay chicken noodles
- 375g thin hokkien noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 250g green beans, sliced diagonally
- 3 tablespoons no-added-salt-or-sugar peanut butter
- ¹⁄³ cup sweet chilli sauce
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5–6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3 Heat remaining oil in pan, then add carrot, capsicum and beans and cook, stirring, for 5–6 minutes. Return chicken to pan, then add noodles, tossing well to combine. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
4 Meanwhile, place peanut butter, chilli sauce and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl, mixing well to combine. Add to pan and cook, mixing to combine, for 2–3 minutes. Divide satay noodles among four bowls and serve garnished with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15.8g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 8.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like