(at time of publication)
- 1 hotdog bread roll
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 teaspoons no-added-sugar red jamjellyX such as strawberry, raspberry
- 2 teaspoons no-salt peanut butter
1 Cut bun lengthwise. Spread cream cheese on inside bun.
2 Add whole banana.
3 Dot jam blobs (to imitate tomato sauce) and peanut butter (to imitate mustard) along banana. Close bun.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
- The bun and spreads can be stored in the fridge overnight without the banana.
- You can make up the buns in batches and freeze them without the banana.
- For extra freshness, pack the unpeeled banana separately and let your child peel it and assemble the banana dog at school.
- Matching snack: Carrot sticks with chickpea dip.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us