Lemon and rosemary chicken with fennel cabbage slaw
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons zest, 3 tablespoons juice
- 4 x 120g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- ¼ small red cabbage, trimmed, finely shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking oil spray
- ¼ cup salt-reduced chicken stock
1 Combine rosemary, chilli flakes and lemon zest in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of chicken.
2 To make slaw, combine fennel, cabbage and parsley in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon lemon juice and olive oil. Drizzle over slaw. Toss to combine.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 4-6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan.
4 Add the remaining lemon juice and stock to pan and warm through. Divide chicken and slaw among serving plates. Drizzle lemon juice mixture over chicken and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
Grainy bread rolls
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us