Lunchbox salad with tuna
- large handful of salad greens
- small piece telegraph cucumber, diced(about 1/2 cup)
- red onion or spring onion, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium-sized tomato, cut in wedges
- 1/4 medium-sized avocado, cut in small chunks
- 1/2 small carrot, cut in small pieces or shredded
- 1 can flavoured tuna, eg. teriyaki or sun-dried tomato
- light dressing of your choice (lime and coriandercilantroX dressing works well with teriyaki tuna while Italian dressing works well with sun-dried tomato tuna)
- small handful toasted almonds (or other nuts), chopped
1 Mix salad greens, cucumber, onion, tomato, avocado, and carrot together in a suitable portable container. Carry tuna can, dressing and almonds separately.
2 When ready to eat, stir tuna and dressing through salad and top with nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flavoured tuna and dressing.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us