Lunchbox salad with tuna
- large handful of salad greens
- small piece telegraph cucumber, diced(about ½ cup)
- red onion or spring onion, sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 medium-sized tomato, cut in wedges
- ¼ medium-sized avocado, cut in small chunks
- ½ small carrot, cut in small pieces or shredded
- 1 can flavoured tuna, eg. teriyaki or sun-dried tomato
- light dressing of your choice (lime and coriandercilantroX dressing works well with teriyaki tuna while Italian dressing works well with sun-dried tomato tuna)
- small handful toasted almonds (or other nuts), chopped
1 Mix salad greens, cucumber, onion, tomato, avocado, and carrot together in a suitable portable container. Carry tuna can, dressing and almonds separately.
2 When ready to eat, stir tuna and dressing through salad and top with nuts.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flavoured tuna and dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like