Lunchbox salad with tunaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- large handful of salad greens
- small piece telegraph cucumber, diced(about ½ cup)
- red onion or spring onion, sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 medium-sized tomato, cut in wedges
- ¼ medium-sized avocado, cut in small chunks
- ½ small carrot, cut in small pieces or shredded
- 1 can flavoured tuna, eg. teriyaki or sun-dried tomato
- light dressing of your choice (lime and coriandercilantroX dressing works well with teriyaki tuna while Italian dressing works well with sun-dried tomato tuna)
- small handful toasted almonds (or other nuts), chopped
1 Mix salad greens, cucumber, onion, tomato, avocado, and carrot together in a suitable portable container. Carry tuna can, dressing and almonds separately.
2 When ready to eat, stir tuna and dressing through salad and top with nuts.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flavoured tuna and dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information