Hot smoked salmon and broccoli quiche
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat ricotta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus extra, to garnish
- 150g hot smoked salmon fillet, flaked
- baby spinach leaves, to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Cook the leek and the fennel, stirring, for about 6–7 minutes, until softened. Add the rind and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Set vegies aside to cool.
2 Meanwhile, microwave or steam the broccoli until it is just tender. Drain and refresh the broccoli under cold running water. Drain. Coarsely chop.
3 Whisk the eggs and ¹⁄³ cup of the ricotta together in a large bowl. Stir through the dill, the chives, salmon and the broccoli. Season the mixture with freshly ground black pepper.
4 Line the base and sides of a large rectangular baking tin with baking paper. Arrange leek and fennel mix over base of tin. Pour egg mixture into prepared tin, distribute vegetables evenly, and dot with remaining ricotta. Bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed, golden and just firm. Remove the quiche and set aside on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with extra herbs and serve with spinach leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.3g
–Saturated fat 4.2g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.