Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- oil spray
- 1 3/4 cups brown rice
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- few strands saffron (optional)
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (sage, tarragon or oregano)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups green beans
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup black olives
- fresh basil, to garnish
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat a large non-stick pan with oil. Cook onion and garlic until softened. Add chicken and a spray of oil. Cook until evenly browned. Transfer to a large casserole dish and heat.
2 Add rice to the casserole and stir for a few minutes. Add stock, 5 cups hot water, wine, tomato paste and saffron, if using. Stir.
3 Add remaining ingredients, except beans, peas and olives. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding a little more water if needed.
4 Add beans, olives and peas. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Serve with fresh basil and a green salad.
Make it gluten free: Check stock, tomato paste, paprika and chipotle sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us