Chocolate and beetroot muffins
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup soft light brown muscovado sugar
- 150g beetrootbeetsX, peeled and finely grated
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100ml low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 100g plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
1 Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases.
2 In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together for 10 min to make a light and fluffy batter that’s grown in volume. Gently stir in the beetroot.
3 Sift over the flour, cocoa and baking powders, then carefully fold into the mixture. Fold in the yogurt, vanilla bean paste and chopped chocolate.
4 Spoon the batter into the muffin cases until they’re three-quarters full, then bake for 15–20 min. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the tray. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.5g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 2.5g
Last updated date: 12 April 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.