Fish tacos with corn and avocado salsa
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, husks & silk removed
- 1 small avocado, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- 8 x 26g corn sweetcornXtortillas, warmed or grilled
1 Combine flour and turmeric on a large plate. Toss fish in the flour mixture to lightly coat.
2 Heat a chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Grill corn, turning, for 8–10 minutes, or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside to cool slightly, then carefully cut kernels from the cob.
3 Combine corn, avocado and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Season with black pepper and set aside. Whisk lime juice, chilli, olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl.
4 Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook fish for 1–2 minutes each side, or until golden.
5 To serve, divide the lettuce, fish and roasted corn salad between tacos. Drizzle with a little of the lime dressing to serve.
Use gluten-free flour to make gluten-free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.9g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 6.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like