Fish tacos with corn and avocado salsa
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, husks & silk removed
- 1 small avocado, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- 8 x 26g corn sweetcornXtortillas, warmed or grilled
1 Combine flour and turmeric on a large plate. Toss fish in the flour mixture to lightly coat.
2 Heat a chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Grill corn, turning, for 8–10 minutes, or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside to cool slightly, then carefully cut kernels from the cob.
3 Combine corn, avocado and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Season with black pepper and set aside. Whisk lime juice, chilli, olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl.
4 Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook fish for 1–2 minutes each side, or until golden.
5 To serve, divide the lettuce, fish and roasted corn salad between tacos. Drizzle with a little of the lime dressing to serve.
Use gluten-free flour to make gluten-free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.9g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 6.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information