(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced vegetables such as red capsicums, carrots and corn sweetcornXkernels
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 250g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 350g fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add vegetables and garlic and cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add 1-2 tablespoons water if the mixture begins to stick.
2 Add mince. Cook breaking up mince with the back of a spoon so it cooks evenly. Stir in pesto, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Simmer for 15 minutes until sauce becomes thick. Season.
3 Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in boiling salted water until tender. Drain pasta and add spinach.
Stir until leaves are wilted. Add parsley. Place pasta on plates and top with mince. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Check pesto is gluten free and use gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.