Basil and cashew chicken pad see ew
- 200g packet dried pad Thai rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons chilli and coriandercilantroX-infused olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, stems thinly sliced, leaves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup salt-reduced tamari
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup unsalted cashews, chopped, to serve
- baby basil leaves, to serve
1 Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until softened. Drain. Using kitchen scissors, snip into shorter lengths.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion is just softened. Add chicken, carrot and bok choy stems and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add bok choy leaves and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3 Add tamari, sweet chilli sauce, 2 tablespoons warm water and noodles and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until combined and noodles are warmed through. Divide pad see ew among four bowls. Serve sprinkled with nuts and baby basil leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15.3g
–Saturated fat 2.9g
Dietary fibre 5.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Pasta, rice and noodle dishes