Tasty beetroot and pasta salad
- 3 medium-sized beetrootbeetsX or canned diced beetrootbeetsX (if using canned beetrootbeetsX, start at Step 3)
- 1 tablespoon oil, to drizzle
- ¾ cup orzo or risoni pasta
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- handful chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 60g marinated feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Trim stalks off beetroot and boil whole for about 8 minutes to slightly soften. If you have large beetroot, cut in halves or quarters first.
2 Drain beetroot, peel and dice them. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
3 Cook orzo in boiling salted water until tender.
4 Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients.
5 Drain cooked orzo. Mix with beetroot, walnuts, celery and dressing. Stir in parsley (if using). Top with crumbled feta. Serve warm or chilled, garnished with extra fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check mustard is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us