Corn and leek chowder
- 2 leeks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1L skim milk
- 300g white potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, silks and husks removed, kernels removed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens. Stir in flour.
2 Gradually pour in milk and 1 cup water, stirring until smooth. Add potato and corn. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
3 Serve sprinkled with chives and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.9g
–Saturated fat 3.8g
Dietary fibre 10.8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.