Corn and leek chowder
- 2 leeks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1L skim milk
- 300g white potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, silks and husks removed, kernels removed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, to serve
1 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens. Stir in flour.
2 Gradually pour in milk and 1 cup water, stirring until smooth. Add potato and corn. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
3 Serve sprinkled with chives and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.9g
–Saturated fat 3.8g
Dietary fibre 10.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information