Turmeric and herb chicken kebabs with spinach wrapsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 12 small skewers, soaked (8 for chicken and 4 for vegetable kebabs)
- 600g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 ½-2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 200g green beans, steamed or blanched
- 2 beetrootbeetsX, diced or sliced
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned
- ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 4 spinach wraps (we used Farrah’s)
- ⅓ cup low-fat yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons hummus
1 Cut chicken into thin strips. Mix turmeric, oil, lemon juice, salt and oregano. Add chicken and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Meanwhile mix all salad ingredients and chill. Mix yoghurt and hummus together.
2 Once marinated, thread chicken onto skewers. Thread tomatoes and onion onto separate skewers.
3 Cook chicken under a medium grill, brushing with the marinade and turning once, until tinged golden at edges and cooked through. Cook vegetable skewers for a few minutes.
4 Warm the wraps, spread with hummus and top with some salad. Wrap. Serve kebabs with wraps and remaining salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check turmeric is gluten free.
To avoid getting yellow-stained hands from the turmeric, use kitchen gloves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information