Roasted carrot and quinoa salad with grilled chicken
- 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, halved if large
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets
- 2 navel oranges, 1 segmented, 1 juiced
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Arrange carrots and eggplant on prepared tray in a single layer. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and then lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, cook quinoa in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, set aside. Boil, steam or microwave the green beans until just tender. Drain.
3 Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4–5 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
4 Whisk the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar and the remaining cumin and cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined. Combine quinoa, roasted vegetables, beans, parsley and the orange segments in a large bowl. Season with cracked black pepper. Serve the salad topped with chicken and drizzled with the orange dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.1g
–Saturated fat 2.0g
Dietary fibre 14.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.