Baked silver beet cheese rolls
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 8 medium silver beet leaves, stems removed
- 400g cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated (moisture removed by squeezing in a clean tea towel)
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 cup trim milk
- black pepper
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Preheat oven grill to high. Line 2 baking dishes with baking paper. Place chicken in 1 dish and sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning. Place under grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Switch oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to simmer. Blanch silver beet in simmering water for 20 seconds, remove, refresh in cold water and pat dry.
- Shred chicken. In a bowl, combine chicken with cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the parmesan, parsley, zest and courgettes.
- Lay silver beet leaves out on a clean bench. Divide chicken mix between leaves. Tucking in the ends, carefully roll silver beet snugly around filling to create a fat cigar shape. Place on prepared baking dish. Sprinkle rolls with 1 tablespoon water and remaining parmesan, reserving 1 tablespoon for the polenta. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Ten minutes into cooking time, place tomatoes on the chicken baking tray and place in oven to roast.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring milk and 2 cups of water to the boil over a medium-high heat. Add pepper. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in a stream of polenta until it thickens to a wet porridge consistency. Add sour cream and remaining parmesan and stir.
- To serve, divide silver beet rolls and roasted tomatoes among 4 plates, with polenta on the side. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check sour cream and seasoning are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.