Prosciutto and baked bean breakfast frittata with tomato salsa
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 8 eggs
- 300g can reduced-salt baked beans in tomato sauce
- ¹⁄³ cup reduced-fat milk
- ²⁄³ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 1 large courgette, grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- ²⁄³ cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 400g tomato medley, large tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup baby basil leaves, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 Preheat an oven grill to high. Grease a 24cm (top measurement), deep non-stick frying pan. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Arrange prosciutto slices over the base of prepared pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Whisk eggs, baked beans, milk, cheese and courgettes in a large bowl. Pour into the pan. Sprinkle with baby peas. Cook for 3 minutes, or until beginning to set.
2 Place the frying pan under preheated grill; cook for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and set in centre. Stand for 5 minutes. Turn out onto the serving board.
3 Combine the tomato, basil, balsamic glaze and olive oil in a bowl. Cut frittata into wedges. Top with tomato salsa and sprinkle with extra basil leaves.
To make this recipe vegetarian, you can omit the prosciutto slices or replace them with thin slices of courgette.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.8g
–Saturated fat 6.3g
Dietary fibre 8.0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.