Quick chicken, leek and mushroom risotto
- 350g chicken breast, sliced
- 2 small leeks, finely sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 250g pouches ready to heat basmati rice, heated
- 8 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as chives and parsley
- 160g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups very low salt gluten-free chicken stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
1 Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2–3 min until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2 Add the leeks and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2–3 min.
3 Add the cooked rice and half the stock, then stir over a medium heat until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Return the chicken and any juices to the pan. Add the remaining stock and continue to cook the risotto until all the liquid is absorbed.
4 Stir through the herbs, baby spinach, cream cheese and parmesan. Season with freshly ground black pepper to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.