Cajun bean casserole with couscous and minted yoghurt
Time to make: 8 hrs 5 mins
( Hands-on time: 5 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Cajun bean casserole with couscous and minted yoghurt
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 green capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced courgette
- 2 cups liquid salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 390g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 415g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 415g can corn sweetcornXkernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 3/4 cups couscous
- Minted yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, roughly chopped
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Place all ingredients except cornflour and couscous in slow cooker. Mix then set on low and cook for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in cornflour for the remaining 30 minutes.
2 Cook couscous following packet directions.
3 In a small bowl combine minted yoghurt ingredients.
4 Serve bean mix atop couscous with a dollop of minted yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Check stock, spice mix, tomato paste and cornflour are gluten free. Serve with rice instead of couscous.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us