Chicken and pistachio couscous salad
- 1¼ cups pearl couscous (see tips)
- 2 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¹⁄³ cup roasted capsicum strips in brine, drained, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 60g baby rocketarugulaX leaves
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat hummus
- 2 preserved lemons, rind only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- sumac, to sprinkle (see tips)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cook couscous in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain couscous and refresh under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
2 Add the chicken, the carrot, capsicum, coriander, onion, the chilli and rocket; toss ingredients to combine.
3 Whisk the yoghurt, hummus and 1 tablespoon of water in a small jug. Spoon couscous salad onto serving plates and drizzle with the hummus dressing. Top with the preserved lemon and pistachio. Sprinkle with sumac.
Pearl couscous – also known as Israeli couscous – is made from semolina and can be used in place of pasta
You can find sumac in the spice aisle in most supermarkets or order it online.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.5g
–Saturated fat 1.9g
Dietary fibre 7.0g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.